In all pathological processes that attack the spine in its various departments, one of the most common and painful considered a cervical osteochondrosis. This disease sees to the number of complications, mainly because it affects the spinal cord, and also negatively affects the work of the brain.
What is a cervical osteochondrosis?
Under the words cervical degenerative disc disease in medical practice is indicated by the acquired progressive disease, striking a specific department of the spine. This pathological process characteristic of degenerative-degenerative processes in the tissues of the intervertebral discs, which are shock absorbers for the vertebrae. Degenerative-degenerative changes of the intervertebral disc are caused by the fact that they are erased and deformed. Consequently, the distance between the vertebrae decreases and as a result, happening the following consequences:
- Narrowing of the spinal canal at certain sections of the spine.
- The displacement of the vertebrae of the arteries – large blood vessels that provide blood supply to the brain. What worsens supply the brain and blood circulation is disturbed in the cervical region of the spinal cord.
- The intervertebral discs may deform and collapse. It sees to the pressure of the individual sections of the spinal cord, and nerves, are more and more squeezing of the nerve roots.
All of the above problems threaten not only the violation of blood circulation of the brain, painful sensations in the neck area, headaches and so on the Development of degenerative disc disease of the cervical dangerous problems of neurological nature, the deterioration of the functioning of the central nervous system, damage to brain tissue. According to the international classification of diseases, osteochondrosis of the cervical granted for several separate codes. The code of the disease according to ICD 10 depends on at what age she was diagnosed with the disease:
- M02 – degeneration of the intervertebral disc at a young age.
- M42.12 – a degenerative process in the neck area in adults.
From the age of the patient and the degree of development of the defective process depends on a number of factors, for example, the effects, complications, symptoms, and of course, the principles of treatment.
The causes of
Knowledge of the causes of the development of degenerative disc disease of the cervical can play a key role in the process of diagnosis, and also determining the principles for the fight with the disease. However, before itemize the reasons, it is necessary to say that the doctors issued two factors that lead to the development of this defective process:
- Pathological – destruction of the intervertebral discs and other structures of the vertebrate points, involving in pathological process of the surrounding tissues, blood vessels and nerve bundles is happening under the influence of unfavorable external factors. The heavier of these factors and other pathology, the faster develops the disease.
- Physiological – on the basis of the development of pathology is located predominantly age-related changes. This is a natural aging of the cartilage tissue in the spinal column, sediment, salt, etc.
If you itemize more specific cause of cervical degenerative disc disease, are the following:
- Violation of the metabolic processes in the body, and also a certain stage of obesity.
- The lack of movement – a phenomenon characterized by restriction of mobility. It is not only about injuries helena diseases, here also belongs to the sedentary way of life and a real job.
- Pathology of the cardiovascular system, contributes to the disruption of blood circulation in the brain, fluctuations in pressure and more.
- Poor possession of your body, the different forms of scoliosis, rheumatism and even flat feet.
- Injuries of the cervical spine. In this case, it is the sprains, bumps, injuries. Influence on the development of cervical degenerative disc disease can injury other divisions of the spine.
- Too large physical load on the cervical department of the, caused by intense sport helena heavy physical difficult, the best on the type of activity of the person.
- A sedentary lifestyle also a dangerous constant voltage of the cervical and entire spine if you are sitting the wrong way, helena on the uncomfortable furniture.
- Hernia of the cervical spine, but also various accompanying diseases.
- Forced longer life of the head in an uncomfortable helena unnatural position. In this case, it is not just strain of the muscles, but also crooked spine in the cervical region.
- A very common cause physicians consider the constant stress and nerves and effort.
- One of the reasons are also considered as a congenital anomaly in the house of the spine.
What danger to the health of the bears?
As has already been said, in the area of the cervical spine is not just a lie the spinal cord and the various nerve branches, but also vertebrates the arteries that supply blood to the occipital part of the brain, the cerebellum and the separation of the medulla oblongata. In the development of cervical degenerative disc disease to become inflammation of the surrounding tissue. In addition, the development of the pathology threatens to compression of the nerve roots and pumping under pressure the blood vessels, the consequences are the following:
- Osteochondrosis accompanied by deformation of the spine, in consequence of which the individual sections of the narrowing of the spinal canal. This can lead to pressure of the spinal cord and nerve branches, which does not bode well severe neurological problems. In severe cases, the person feels pain, and there is the possibility of loss of control over the different parts of your body (mainly in the field of the arms of helena's face).
- Squeezing the blood vessels of the neck, as already mentioned, is accompanied by impaired blood circulation in the occipital part of the brain. When the brain ceases to receive oxygen and nutritious elements in the necessary quantities, begins to lack of oxygen. When violations of blood circulation there is a real risk of ischemic stroke and various neurological diseases.
Syndromes the main are:
- Of the vertebral artery.
It is important to know that each of these symptoms, it is accompanied by painful sensations of varying character, as well as a number of undesirable clinical symptoms. A person may feel dizzy, appear tinnitus and more.
Says about the direct connection degenerative disc disease of the cervical with bone and cartilage substances. Symptoms in this type of pathology is also associated with the defeat of these tissues:
- Partially helena completely restricted movement of the neck.
- Head movements are accompanied by painful sensations in the neck area.
- X-ray shows the morphological changes in the tissues (intervertebral and in the body of the vertebrae).
It is worth noting that vertebral syndrome is always accompanied by these three clinical symptoms. If it is missing at least 1 of them, the diagnosis will be quite different.
Arises when the damaged roots of the spinal cord. When this impaired nerve conductivity, a person can feel pain or to lose the sensitivity of the various areas of your body, or even suffer from paralysis. Depending on which of the 8 root couples is a breach of conductivity, issued the following symptoms:
- 1 pair – numb helena pain in the back of the head;
- 3 pairs – a violation of the chewing reflex, numbness of the tongue, and unpleasant sensations in the ears;
- 4 pairs – feelings of pain in the area of the clavicle, a violation of the swallowing reflex;
- 5 pair – disorders of the shoulder girdle, accompanied by the problem of movements of hands;
- 6 pair – the patient begins to experience pain, and numbness in the forearm and shoulder blades;
- 7 a few – numb hands and fingers (usually index and middle);
- 8 few – problems similar to those of the previous point, but the numbness is manifested in a third finger and pinkie.
Despite the fact that still a disease process localized in the cervical spine, the syndrome has all the symptoms of heart disease. The clinical picture in this case is such:
- An accelerated pulse.
- Pain in the area of the sternum.
- Shortness of breath, weakness, lethargy, decreased performance.
Signs and symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
For the timely treatment of emergency medical help is necessary to clearly understand the symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease. In some cases, this knowledge allow you to ask for help in the initial stages of the disease, when it is more easily treatable. In general the symptoms in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are as follows:
- Pain in osteochondrosis are present always, and differ only in intensity and frequency. This is the reason, pain is the first clinical sign. Their intensity depends on the degree of progression of the disease, the character are dull helena compressing. Painful sensations are present mainly in the neck and occipital region, but may also irradiate in a time of guests, the shoulder belt and hand.
- In most cases they are present manifestations of lesions of the vestibular apparatus. This is a frequent causeless dizziness, nausea, violation of coordination of movements, uneven gait, loss in space.
- One of the most common clinical symptoms is stiffness of the neck muscles and stiffness of movements. A person is difficult to turn, let down and throw back his head, the movement of the cancelled bouts of pain.
- Many of the patient emphasize the feeling, as if on the head, "run over the frost" helena is the feel of a typical armor.
- In the field of arms arises muscle weakness and numbness.
- They are often present psychological manifestations, expressed in depression, drowsiness, severe mood swings, the mood of the helena irritability.
- In the result of disorders of blood circulation and destruction of brain tissue a more intense dizziness, and there is a noise in my ears, like the rustling, pulsation, ringing.
- Most of the patients on the consciousness, blurred vision, as well as painful sensations in the eye apples, and especially when trying to heavily skew the eyes left, right, up helena down.
The determination of the degree of development of pathological gambling of the process sometimes manage the symptoms. However, for a full diagnosis of this still is not enough and requires a number of diagnostic activities.
Methods of diagnosis
The diagnosis of degenerative disc disease of the cervical need to determine the localization and degree of progression of the disease. For the full diagnostics need the following diagnostic methods:
- Radiography – the primary method, which allows to determine the extent and localization of the deformation of the spinal column.
- You can use ct for more accurate diagnosis of pathological changes in the vertebrae and intervertebral disks.
- MRI (magnetic resonance tomography) – allows you to consider in detail the discs and vertebrae, to determine the presence of a hernia, the protrusion, the extent of lesions other.
- Doppler – this examination will be able to find a place of squeezing of the arteries, to assess the degree of disorders of blood circulation.
Methods of treatment
Treatment of degenerative disc disease of the neck always stands for the comprehensive approach. Principles of treatment depends on physical factors, such as the age of the patient, stage of the disease, the brightness of the clinical images, and so on, However, without a doctor in this situation can not do, and in the first place it is possible to turn to the doctor-a general practitioner, who then directs you to the backbone. The integrated approach: treat osteochondrosis of the cervical the help of medical therapy, physiotherapy, massage, exercise therapy and other methods, about which it is worth to talk in more detail.
The basis of treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease is a medical therapy, involve the use of pills, medicines and drugs of these groups:
- Anaesthetics – painkillers and antispasmodics. The first right is trying to weaken the nerve centers, which treat the painful feelings. It also allows you to remove the spasm of the muscles of the neck, establishing the blood circulation and suppress pain.
- NSAIDS – non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are necessary for the reduction of the inflammatory process, most of them also eliminate painful sensations. Often these drugs are prescribed in the form of gels, ointments that is rubbed into the affected area.
- Muscle relaxants – one more way to relieve muscle spasms in the cervical region.
- Chondroprotectors – mandatory at certain stages of degenerative disc disease of the SHOP, because they contribute to the restoration of bone tissue.
- Vitamins b – normalize the metabolic processes of the nervous tissue, improves the conductivity of nerve impulses, and support the work of the CNS.
Remember that treatment should take place only under the supervision of a physician, who is responsible for the destination of each medication, as well as determining its duration of intake and dosage.
Treatment of degenerative disc disease of the neck will be several times more efficient with the use of some methods of physiotherapy:
Therapy massage services necessarily performed by an experienced paramedic, the treatment is carried out at the rate of not less than 10 sessions. Massage neck help to normalize blood circulation, restore elasticity, tone the muscles, relieve painful feelings, etc.
The foundation of manual therapy lies the principle of recovery of motor function and mobility between the individual vertebrae. Originally handling are a light relaxing massage, then the doctor to spend more forces, acts on the vertebrae pressure and rotation of the neck.
Application applicators Kuznetsova – one of the methods of treatment of diseases of the spine, including degenerative disc disease. The effect of adaptation on cervical department, normalizes metabolic processes, removes pains, improves muscle tone, improves blood circulation, improves the conductivity of nerve tissue and so forth For the warning of degenerative disc disease are useful for the practice of swimming, and every day to hang on the bar for 2-3 minutes.