Often headache, dizziness – I think that it is a migraine or "time". Felt pricked in my heart? Nervous. Tingling or numbness in the hands is less need to sit at the computer, move more. But the reason for these, at first glance, unrelated symptoms can be the spine. More precisely, the upper part of the division of the neck.
Coll. What do we know?
The cervical spine is the most mobile, most vulnerable part of the spine that allows you to perform tilts and head turns. It consists of 7 vertebrae, between which there are elastic intervertebral discs.Pass through them the blood vessels that "feed" the brain and give it oxygen. The nerve endings connected to the spinal cord (the inner part of the spine), is served pulses, signals to other organs of the body. As a result, the body works without problems. If the vertebral discs due to metabolic disorders is deformed, it can be little nerve endings or blood vessel – the person that experiences pain. The pain is the main symptoms of such diseases as osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
How dangerous is cervical osteochondrosis
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is one of the most insidious diseases. Due to the fact that the cervical vertebrae are very close to each other, at the slightest deformation of the last compressed nerve roots and blood vessels. Interrupted blood flow to the brain. As a result, any pain, even migraines. When you run the form, can occur ischemia of the brain or the spinal cord, and even a heart attack.
- The cardiovascular system can also be at risk. High or low blood pressure, pain in the heart are not necessarily heart disorders. Years to reduce the pressure observed at the cardiologist, and the cause of this type of heart diseases can be a cervical osteochondrosis.
- Because of the compression of the nerve endings may be affected hearing, vision, and even movement coordination.
The symptoms of degenerative disc disease neck:
- The pain. This can be a minor pain in the neck, especially when turning or after a NAP. With cervical osteochondrosis pain can "give" in the neck time shoulders. When tilting the head forward can also experience pain under the shoulder blade. Headaches and migraines are also not rare in this disease.
- Numbness. Discomfort, tingling or numbness in the hands, the shoulders, the neck. Neck cracking when turning the head.
- The noise and the ringing in the ears. Possible hearing impairment.
- Nausea, difficulty breathing.Observed lack of breath,can not breathe, which leads to oxygen starvation of the body.
- Blurred vision.The decrease of the visual acuity, blurring, and "fly" before their eyes.
- The instability of the blood pressure.High or low pressure. Dizziness.
Interesting fact.More than 80% of the population complains of neck pain, and 30% of the headaches associated with cervical osteochondrosis.
Causes of cervical degenerative disk disease
Low back pain, especially low back pain of neck, today more young people. Less move more problems in the spine. If at the beginning of this problem faced by older people, today's 20-30 year-old patient complains of pain in the neck and back, the doctor is not surprised.
The most common reasons:
- A sedentary lifestyle
- The lack of physical activity
- Excess weight, metabolic disorders
- Bad habits: drinking, Smoking
- Bad sleep: if you choose the wrong pillow and the mattress
- The load on the neck associated with prolonged forced position of the body
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis
The first manifestation of osteochondrosis neck is easy to be confused with a banal cold or fatigue, heaviness in the head, headache, discomfort in turning the neck. The symptoms you complain a lot, but many suspect that the true diagnosis of osteochondrosis of the neck of the uterus. But the insidious disease: it is easily progresses, and in severe cases, the treatment is long and costly.
Symptoms directly associated with either a denial of the roots of the spinal cord or with compression of the blood vessels or the spinal cord. In the first place, you need to see a specialist, do not self-medicate.For a correct diagnosis, the doctor may prescribe additional methods of research, including x-rays, MRI, CT.
In the early stages, it will be enough manual therapy, exercises, therapeutic. This is called avoiding the therapy.
The injection of prescription drugs
Inflammatory mediators (substances that are produced in large quantities in inflammation) can damage nerves, causing discomfort and pain in the neck. In the complex of therapy is important not only to eliminate the pain syndrome, inflammatory process, but also to create the conditions for the regeneration of damaged tissues, including nervous. To run these processes that they use drugs with vitamins of group B. Vitamin B1 – improves the nutrition of nervous tissue, restore its normal sensitivity, vitamin B6 improves the nervous system as a whole, has a bracing effect. There are water-soluble and fat-soluble form of vitamin B1. The effect of benfotiamine (fat-soluble form) is 5-10 times greater than the effects of the thiamine (water soluble forms). Because of the analgesic effect of these vitamins called "new drugs". In the treatment of osteoarthritis, the doctor may recommend B vitamins as an injection and in tablet form.
While it is revealed in herniated cervical, protrusion, possibly, it will be necessary to resort to surgery. Why is it important? After completion of the treatment of the care of your spine is job No. 1. Proper physical exercise, nutrition, physical education should be your constant companions.