Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine caused by changes pathological in intervertebral discs. It will weaken, become thinner, loses elasticity, to stop protect the vertebrae from damage and losing the ability to provide sufficient mobility. The main danger of cervical degenerative disc disease is that the disease affects the nerve endings of the spinal region, causing the alteration of the blood supply of the brain.
Types and classification
There are several stages of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine:
- first: the initial modification of the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral disc;
- second: the beginning of the thinning of the disk, the reduction of the distance between the vertebrae;
- third: the destruction of the disc, the beginning of the deformation of the spine;
- fourth: severe deformity of the spine.
The main cause of cervical degenerative disc disease lies in the structure of the spine in this area. All the vertebrae here are tight on the other and easy movement even at low loads.
Given the mobile cervical spine, it is not surprising that the disease is so widespread.
To cause the disease:
- congenital anatomical characteristics (people with a long neck low back pain occurs more often);
- violation of the absorption of minerals;
- hormonal changes;
- the lack of sufficient muscles of the neck and shoulders;
- the lack of exercise;
- injuries of neck of womb;
- Often the first symptom of cervical degenerative disc disease, acts a headache. It can be very strong, leaks, such as migraine headaches, accompanied by dizziness and lightheadedness.
- It is characterized by the appearance of age spots, dark spots, dimness before the eyes, decreased vision.
- Pain in the neck, in the disease, gives to the back of the head, the forehead, the ears, which is enhanced to change the position of the head.
- Often marked by the lack of sensitivity of the hands.
- There is noise in the ears, hearing loss.
- Can be incoordination, fainting.
Identify degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine are:
- the x-rays that determines the state of the vertebrae;
- a ct scan to detect lesions of the discs;
- Doppler findings of violations of blood flow;
- duplex scanning, showing the state of the boat.
As the ambulance with cervical osteochondrosis necessary, analgesics and anti-inflammatory. Depending on the strength of the pain syndrome use of local medications (creams and gels), pills or injections.
- vitamin therapy (vitamins);
- the drugs, the relief of the muscle spasm,
- physiotherapy (electrophoresis, paraffin, magnetic therapy, etc.);
- therapeutic exercises;
- massage and self-massage.