Approximately 80% of persons over 55 years experience of manifestations of destinations in diseases of the back, it should not be forgotten and the people in the younger age categories. Therefore, one of the most common diseases of the spine osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine in the present day is found in patients of age 25-45. Even the young people of 16-25 years of age are increasingly suffering from the symptoms and causes of this extremely unpleasant disease. Naturally there is a question about whether we can stop the trend of growth in the number of patients in general, and what to do in each person as a preventive measure, to prevent to examine to be a victim of this disease?
Insuficient attention to the disease, late diagnosis, its treatment and complicated by the fact that there are secondary diseases or complications. As a natural progression of the disease begins to progress lower back pain. Your treatment and not always sure, and when tightening or incorrect designated therapeutic course, there are un risk of disability. Another striking problem of the appearance and intervertebral hernia, accompanied by excruciating pain. With each day that passes the chances of irreversible get rid of the hernia getting smaller.
Recognize the disease early and to avoid to examine these unfortunate consequences help characteristic clinical symptoms:
- Acute pain original works of art of a night's sleep;
- Pain in the sharp turns of the torso or lift heavy objects;
- The body becomes sedentary;
- There are signs of scoliosis;
- Sleep becomes more restless;
- The un depressed mood;
- Are also frequent urination.
Self-assessment of these symptoms might not be correct, since most of them have un Marta similarity symptoms d with other diseases of the spine or joints. Therefore, only un rheumatologist or surgeon orthopedic has the power to speak about the presence of development degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine.
To make un the differential diagnosis to identify the disorder correctly, to distinguish it from identical diseases and to determine the course of treatment help in the classification stages of the disease:
- Stage 1 – in this moment", " the structure of the cartilage only begins to suffer changes. But now pathological processes roots of affected nerve endings. As a result, the pain goes to my feet. Impairment of blood flow and the inflammation that arises. Pain is sharp or dull in character and occur only primarily be the original work of art enhanced the axis of the loads from the rear;
- Stage 2 begins with the destruction of the ring fibrous of the spine, the cartilage becomes thinner and the vertebrae shorten the distance between them. Pain in the second stage, a strong and acute, sometimes meaning no reason at all. During this period increases the mobility of the column along its axis, have been pinched the piegaro, the pressure in the soft tissues of the muscular corset;
- Phase 3 is characterized by compression on the strengths of the muscle fibers and the nerve roots. Is unbearable cramps occur and pain with a burning character. In the affected area sent unfeeling. The intense development of the disease to show signs of paresis and paralysis;
- Stage 4 – the period of growth of the already formed osteophytes (tumors with bone structure). At this stage aktiviziruyutsya degenerative changes of nature, there is arthritis of the spine and joints. The back and sedentary and absence in treatment of right, completely motionless.
Methods of diagnosis
Because even a perfect knowledge of the clinic and of the classification of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine does not give a complete picture of pathological processes caused by them and the doctor, who is a the pathological processes in the spine, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, or orthopedic doctor must prescribe additional diagnostic test:
- X-ray en frontal and lateral projections–, allows us to detect the distortion of the shaft, formacio of osteophytes, abnormal anatomical location of the vertebrae;
- Magnetic resonance imaging identifies the state of the whole of the affected area of the back, you will find the fragments of the destroyed vertebrae, cartilage and inflammation,
- Ct scan gives an idea about the status of the soft tissues, the bones, the vertebrae, the outer shell of the intervertebral disc responsible in principle for their integrity. and the circulation of the blood in the area of the location of the disease.
At the same time, the patient is put in a test for a rheumatoid arthritis test, total blood counts, the content of the shows biochemical components. The total of the results survey can be establish with precision the diagnosis and the identification of the stage of development of osteochondrosis of the lumbar region of the spine.
The symptoms and the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine
Among the reasons for more frequent pain in the rear note the degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine, the symptoms, the treatment of which have their own is characteristic. The disease in the initial stage of degenerative disc disease related to the process of destruction of the cartilage ring of the intervertebral discs, change the seva'height to decrease the formacio of the inflammation and pinching of the nerve roots. With the disease may face young people and the elderly, regardless of gender, social status and religion. The long absence manifestations of the symptoms of the disease leads to loss of precious time and the transition from a stage of severe disease forms most of its development. A major distinctive feature of osteoarthritis is considered the limit of the zone of changes of tissues in degenerative spinal, that there is a beyond the articular cartilage.
The reasons for the initial phase of degenerative disc disease
The un number of interns and externs factors leads to the development of the state of pathological lumbar axial skeleton. Osteochondrosis of the lumbar region appears as a result of certain risk factors. These include:
- the original work of art aging of 50 years;
- incorrect posture and a l l anomaly of structure anatomical of the axial skeleton, which determines the height above the load of the vertebrae;
- lifting weights with a weak core of the force;
- hypothermia of the patient and the waist separately;
- dysfunction of metabolic processes, endocrine organs, the cardiovascular system;
- unequal the loads on the spine during the execution of work responsibilities, household chores activities professionals and Fans of the sport;
- pathology of the musculoskeletal system, congenital or acquired character;
- the lack of exercise, high frequency of stressful situations;
- the excess body weight of the patient;
- the disadvantage of human in patients of vitamins, minerals, and trace elements that are responsible for the health of the spine;
- buying shoes with claws, tall, awkward platforms;
- the use of high pillows and soft mattress of rest for the and the son.
The frequency of diagnosis of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar axial skeleton is determined by the number of their risk factors that are present in a patient's life.
The diagnosis of the disease
Definition of degenerative-dystrophic lesions of one of the five lumbar vertebrae the axial skeleton includes the performance of diagnostic procedures. They are appointed by the doctor. To view the un specialist who knows how to treat degenerative disease lumbar disk, anamnesis collection of the disease, clarifies the time and the characteristics of the beginning of the intensity and location of pain. The state of the muscle fibres in the affected area is determined by visual inspection. Using the method of palpation allows the doctor to see an image of the symmetry of the vertebrae and the distance between them. The final diagnosis is set original works of art to receive the results of other investigations. These include:
- x-ray performed in two projections and provides an opportunity to see the position of the vertebrae, at the height of the clubs, seal the border of the bone plates and growth;
- magnetic resonance imaging, and special is that a research method to determine the state of the vascular system and the ring fibrous in the area of degenerative-dystrophic lesions.
The purposes and methods of treatment of the disease
The results of the diagnostic procedures form the basis of the scheme of treatment of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar axial skeleton, which pursues certain goals. These include:
- the decrease in the intensity of the pain syndrome, caused by degenerative-dystrophic lesions of one or more vertebrae of the lumbar axial skeleton;
- the standardization of processes in metabolic cartilaginous tissue, the recovery and the risk of removing more destruction;
- the reduction of the load on the nerve fibers;
- increase the flow of blood in the tissues of the spine with massage, physiotherapy procedures;
- muscular framework strengthening of the axial skeleton, through regular exercise, physical therapy, recommended by the instructor.
Chondrosis Therapy of the lumbar spine, the symptoms and treatment of which has its own characteristics, is the receipt in the application of preparations pharmaceutical products, recipes of traditional medicine, alternative d, the treatment methods, including hirudotherapy. Supplement You in the solution of the problem of the pathology to serve as the physical therapy, water, massage, gymnastics and exercise classes, including special exercises, physical therapy. Drug therapy that does not include steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors, vitamin complex and trace elements minerals.
For very severe pain assigned are lidocaine or novocaine blockade is performed by injecting injections in the affected area of the vertebrae. For local applications assigned are ointments, gels, creams, patches, with warming, anti-inflammatory effect. The physiotherapeutic treatment and the healing passage of courses of electrophoresis, diadynamic currents, exposure to ultraviolet light, manual of procedures, the wave and the clash of acupuncture. Absence In the dynamics of the positive, the appearance gruzevich emergencies assigned to the surgery. In order for d l de evitar appearance complications in the first symptoms, the treatment needs to be started immediately.
Lumbar osteochondrosis, one of the most common forms of the underlying condition, in reality degenerative disk disease. Lumbar degenerative disk disease, the symptoms of the equally determined that we are the men and women on how to manifest a pain that is focused in the region of the sacrum, which is reflected in their symptoms and in the lower extremities, often self-defined by patients as "a pinched lumbar nerve."
Out of lumbar osteochondrosis
Out of interest for us in this area are developing more often, in addition, coming out to be the cause of lower back pain. By itself, lumbar region, given its location and especially the most affected by the occurrence of certain functional problems. And a say, when viewed from a side of this statement, we can distinguish that our center of gravity refers directly to the lumbar region, in consequence, which is an important part of the loads. When taking into account, on the other hand, they note that a large amplitude of movement, once more, lies in this the lumbar. In view of this, the greatest propensity for injury (and we are interested in the emergencies), put in the discs centered in the lumbar region. In addition, we must not forget that the changes to the disks in this day and of course, in other areas occur in the background of the age-related degenerative processes.
We remind our readers that they are actually bumps. The coupling disks with each other, in the spine, a provided by disk-based cartilage tissue. The main components of the intervertebral disc, a nucleus pulposus the nucleus and the ring fibrous, which and provided for the fixation on the disc the vertebral. Exposure to certain factors and conditions causing the possibility of a rupture of this ring, against which, in turn, comes bulging out of the nucleus. As a result of this process, from the development of a hernia inguinal. As for the exit is already developing as a result of the same duration of the process, but the meaning associated with rupture of the ring – in this case, simply and subjects of the un-thinning and do not break, because the kernel and stuck to the right through the ring. In reality a and protrusion, and how it defines the protrusion.
With regard to the symptoms of the output, which is reflected in the following:
- a feeling of stiffness in the lower back;
- pain in the lumbar region;
- evil d back d a chronicle of nature;
- the lack of sensitivity, pain, tingling toes, in the feet;
- disorders of urination (in some cases, this pathology).
Mainly to the exit of lumbar disc used the conservative treatment. Meanwhile, significant in the development of the often protrusion accompanied by severe symptoms of treatment-resistant in this case, make no sense to surgical intervention.
Mainly in the treatment of degenerative disc disease a multicomponent to a more complex and in its application. Almost all the measures of treatment are summarized in the following points:
- if necessary – surgical treatment;
- the diet;
The exacerbation requires of the illness, above all, for with respect to patients in bed. The main recommendation for this part of the jade/solid higher. Highly expressed in the upheavals of the manifestations requires at minimum motor load and a quick call to the appropriate specialist.